The bold and colorful designs of Art Deco Tutti Frutti have caught the attention of many antique and jewelry lovers.
Tutti Frutti is a style of Art Deco jewelry popularized by Cartier in the 1920s. Inspired by the colorful and sumptuous jewelry of India, Cartier returned from a trip to that country to design the new ‘Tutti Frutti’ style jewelry.
If you are looking for something that will never go out of style and will brighten any day, glorious Art Deco Tutti Fruitti jewelry may be just the thing.
Things to know before buying
- Tutti Frutti jewelry was characterized by a multitude of colorful gemstones such as ruby, emerald, and sapphire, usually set in platinum with a surround of diamonds.
- The colored gemstones were carved or cabochons.
- Genuine signed Cartier pieces are, of course, very valuable.
- Other designers and costume jewelry manufacturers replicated and were influenced by the popular style.
- It is always sensible to buy vintage and antique jewelry from a recognized dealer.